FAQs & Important Documents
Internet | Voice | SmartHub (Billing)
My internet is not working properly
A simple reboot to your router could save you a call to tech support.
- Make sure to follow the order listed to turn the equipment off and back on in a particular sequence.
- Shut down the device you are using to connect to the Internet (e.g., a computer, laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc.)
- Unplug your wireless modem or router from the electrical outlet and leave it unplugged for at least 10 seconds. DO NOT HIT RESET
- Check for loose cables.
- Plug it back into the electrical outlet and wait 30 seconds.
- Turn your computer (or other device) back on and try reconnecting to the WiFi connection.
- My internet speed does not seem fast enough:
Run a speed test.
– Click Here, then click “Begin Test” in the box that appears at the top of your screen.
– We recommend that you run the test several times, at different times of day for an accurate sampling.
– Please let us know if your download speed does not reflect the tier of service to which you subscribed.
What could adversely affect my test results?
- Multiple devices on the same connection in your household could affect the reading. Try to run the test at a time when the only running device is the computer you are using to run the test.
- Run the speed test at different times of day.
- What is the age of your device? Just like all technology, computers and equipment advance at a rapid pace. It is possible that if you use an older device, it will be unable to fully utilize the speeds delivered over your internet connection.
- Make sure all programs are closed on your computer before running the test. If any programs were running when you ran the first test, shut down all programs and run the speed test again to see if it affects your results.
- Re-start your device to ensure an accurate reading. Try to run the speed test right after restarting your computer or check your Task Manager to shut down any active processes before running the test.
- Virus and malware could also impede your computer from running at full speed. Be sure that you keep your computer protected from these malicious programs by installing virus and malware protection.
What should I expect during a power outage with Fiber to the home?
If your home or business voice service is provided with our state-of-the-art fiber optic network, it requires electric power to operate. To avoid a disruption of home or business voice service during a power outage – and to maintain the ability to connect to 911 emergency services — we at Camellia Communications offer you an 8-hour battery back up on the initial installation. Allowing you to maintain the ability to connect to 911 emergency services or any other calls you would need to make.
What Your Battery Backup Can – and Can’t – Do for You
- The 8-hour battery backup provided by Camellia Communication is approximately 3.03 kg and is roughly the same of a children’s lunch box. Our battery backups are expected to last at least 8 hours on standby power. That means the battery backup should give you approximately 7.2 hours of talk time.
- The optional 24-hour battery backup provided by Camellia Communications is another option if you feel 8-hours is not enough time. This battery backup will extend your voice time to approximately 20 hours.
Our battery backup does not provide power to any services other than voice. Home security systems, medical monitoring devices, routers and other equipment will not run on a home phone battery backup.
How can I change my phone number?
You may contact Camellia Communications/HFT at any time to have a number change. (charges may apply)
How do I change the name on my account?
- It will require a completed ownership change form and proof of identification.
- In the event of a death, you will be required to provide a death certificate and proof of executorship of the estate.
- In the event of a divorce, both parties will have to sign the ownership change form.
- In the event of a business ownership change, both parties will have to sign the ownership change form.
I have no dial tone.
- When using a cordless phone, make sure all connections are tightly connected and that there is power to the unit. Perhaps even try a different outlet to see if that restores service.
- If you have multiple cordless phones, make sure to unplug all of the cordless phones. Then plug a corded phone into the phone jack to see if you receive a dial tone.
- If there is still no dial tone, please call us at: 334.371.3000
What is CPNI?
A CPNI form will allow you to add additional people to your account who can obtain information or make changes on an account. This form will have to be filled out and signed by the owners of the account.
What is SmartHub?
SmartHub makes it possible to access your Camellia Communications account — even multiple accounts— from your computer, tablet or smartphone. You can:
- View and pay your bill online
- Get accurate, timely account information
- Make payments in a secure environment
Download the FREE app today that is supported for both Android and Apple devices. (Search for SmartHub (must be all one word) in the Apple Store or in the Android Market.) Once the app has been downloaded search for provider: Camellia Communications.
How do I sign up for SmartHub?
Please call our office and speak with a CSR. The Customer Service Representative will need to collect some information and will email you a direct link to subscribe to SmartHub.
Is the app secure?
Yes! All critical information is encrypted in every transaction run and no personal information is stored on your mobile device. Mobile devices do offer you the ability to store your login information for Apps installed on the device. If you choose to store your login information, any person who has access to your mobile device can access your account.
Do I have to pay for the App?
Our App is free to download and install.
Do I have to change the way I pay my bill in order to use SmartHub?
You can take advantage of all the features of SmartHub and continue to pay your bill as you currently do. BUT once you subscribe to SmartHub you will be enrolled into E-bill. If you would not like this service, this option can be changed in your account options.